By Ray Nobile
Scottish Bodybuilding and Strength Legend Ray Nobile has kindly provided a Bench Press Strength Training Program which he personally used and benefited from.
To read about Ray Nobile's life in the Iron Game click here!
* NOTE: Always consult a doctor before beginning a new training program. Strength Oldschool and Ray Nobile will not be liable for anyone who decides to try out the following program. This program is free to use at your own risk!
THE TRAINING PROGRAM
Here is the routine based on a single of 120 kg (264 lbs). This is a 2 times per week Bench Press routine over 3 weeks.
- Workout 1: 75 kg (165 lbs) - 4 sets of 8 reps
- Workout 2: 85 kg (187 lbs) - 5 sets of 5 reps
- Workout 1: 90 kg (198 lbs) - 5 sets of 5 reps
- Workout 2: 95 kg (209 lbs) - 6 sets of 3 reps
- Workout 1: 100 kg (220 lbs) - 6 sets of 3 reps
Workout 2: 110 kg (242 lbs) - 7 sets of 1 rep
On completion of this 3 week cycle, go back to week 1 and repeat but adding 2.5 kg (5.5 lbs), this should bring you up to 120 kg at the end of the 3 weeks. You can then set a new goal setting 130 kg (286 lbs) using the same formula.
Hope it works for anyone who wants to give it a try, I know it worked for me in the past.
By Ray Nobile
* Note by Strength Oldschool: Ray Nobile has stated 'Working Sets' only within the program above so make sure you properly warm up to the heavy 'Working Sets'. Don't just jump straight to the 'Working Sets' otherwise you risk getting injured. Train smart!
If anyone decides to give the above routine a try, please consider posting your results and thoughts on how effective the training program was for you. For comments please use our Facebook link.
For "Home Gym Talk / Gym Equipment Review Videos" by Strength Oldschool click here!
Check out Strength Oldschool's Home Gym Equipment Recommendations (Affiliate links and Discount Codes) such as Ironmaster, BRAINGAIN, Mad Spotter, Gym-Pin, Fat Gripz, Iron Bull Strength and more!
Keep training hard folks!
All the best,