Biscuit Oliva - Baki the Grappler - Based on Bodybuilder Sergio Oliva

Baki The Grappler Series

A really popular Japanese animation Manga series called "Baki the Grappler", written and illustrated by Keisuke Itagaki, ran from 1991 till 1999. I've never personally watched the series as I've only just heard about it but the really cool thing about the series is that one of the characters called "Biscuit Oliva", is based on Bodybuilding Legend, Sergio "The Myth" Oliva.

Biscuit Oliva - Strong resemblance to Sergio The Myth Oliva

Photo below:
(left) Sergio Oliva pose (1972 Mr Olympia contest) - (Middle) The character 'Biscuit Oliva' - (right) Biscuit Oliva Toy

Real Life Sergio Oliva vs Manga Character Biscuit Oliva vs Biscuit Oliva Collectible Toy

Full photo of Biscuit Oliva...

1318953108_BiscuitOliva.jpg.b46cdc2dfdfc44a87df1687d5f4261f6.jpg

Based on the Manga cartoon of Biscuit Oliva, a collectors toy was made which looks pretty cool.

Biscuit Oliva Toy based on Bodybuilding Legend Sergio Oliva

1846244534_SergioOliva-1972MrOlympia.jpg.28857cf5dcc93fe16b4ad6bb0029c73e.jpg

As you can see from the model, the proportions are true to life, ha ha. Okay, maybe slightly exaggerated but Sergio was a genetic freak of nature and one of the best Mr Olympia winners EVER!!

The "Biscuit Oliva" toy can be purchased here.

The only thing I dislike about the toy and don't understand is why did the Japanese design the toy to look like Sergio had his hands in his pants!? Which unfortunately just looks totally wrong.

I believe you can also watch the series "Baki the Grappler" on Netflex but I'm not 100 % sure.

Sergio unfortunately passed away back in 2012 but I wonder if he was aware of the series and knew that one of the characters was based on him personally? He did travel to Japan for bodybuilding exhibitions in the past so he obviously made a powerful impression upon the Japanese fans with his physique. His Japan visits was pre-tricep tear days. You can clearly see how full both Sergio's triceps were in the photos below.

Sergio Oliva - Japan Posing Exhibition - 1972

Sergio Oliva - Japan Posing Exhibition - 1972

Rare Photo of Sergio Oliva - Japan Posing Exhibition - 1972